Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Mookie Through Ash's Eyes

I played the Mookie Wednesday night. I’ve been real busy so I just now typed this up.

35 people started the tourney.

Level 1 – 10/20

Key hand - Which I wasn’t in, was AK vs KK allin PF. A come on the flop, but just when the suckout seemed a sure thing, on the turn rolls a K for trips. That’s how the hand ends and with AK bowing out the table splits up.

I never even saw a flop during level 1. Totally card dead, plus it was always a raised pot when I was in the blinds.

1410 in chips.

Level 2 – 15/30

This was a big key hand wherein 2 people got the boot. It was AK, KJ, 23 in the hand. The flop comes K32. Everyone goes allin. A comes on the turn and 2 people go home, one real pissed is my guess.

Once again I didn’t see a flop. Shit for cards. Plus always a raised pot when I was in blinds. This is 30 min into the tourney and I have yet to see a flop. Crazy.

1320 in chips.

Level 3 – 25/50

Key hand at Table. Wadebeast allin with AA vs trkfix with 66 PF. 6’s suckout a set. Wadebeast was up so he’s not done yet.

Hand folds around to the SB who calls. I have KTo on the BB and check. Flop brings a K. he checks to me. I also check hoping for a betout on the turn. He checks the turn and I min-raise. He folds.

Key hand – Trk Q9 vs wadebeast 9x. Flop comes 99x. I can’t remember but I think trk was behind again. Q hits river and he goes to 1st place in the tourney. Trk is calling a lot of flops. He seems to be a pretty loose player that is hitting pretty good hands. At least one big suckout at this point. Wade and trk are contesting each other back and forth quite a bit and I am right in the middle. Trk on my right and wade on my left.

I have AJs and decide to limp. K high flop checks around to Iakaris, who pushes. Everyone including myself folds. Gay little hand. I don’t even know why I wrote it down, other than that I am writing every hand I play in this tourney no matter how small.

I get A9s in the BB and check. AK9 flop. I check and someone raises. I smooth-call. I check-raise the turn and it is folded to me. $600 pot.

Very next hand Iak raises UTG with a semi-shortstack. It is folded around to my pocket 8’s in the SB. I push, BB folds, and he calls, turning over A9. He sucks-out a 9 on the flop and I let out a wail of pain. We go to the turn, with my nipple erect and aching with total disdain at my luck, to which a blank falls. BAMMMmmmm I scream as the resuck 8 comes. Gotta love Riverstars. (Sometimes.) Iakaris spreads his wings and flies back to his roost, leaving with a discontented, “figures,” typed in the girly chat.

2435 in chips, putting me in 7th.

Level 4 – 50/100

UTG I try to limp with AJs. There is a raise to 3xBB and I call when it comes back around. I fold to a strong flop bet.

2135 in chips.

Key hand – Hoyazo, QQ and NewinNov, AK go allin PF. Flop brings the A and Hoy goes from 6th to last in chips.

Key hand - Very next hand Hoy pushes but finds 2 other players who wake-up with power. Wade, QQ and trk, JJ fighting again. Q’s set the flop and wade more than doubles-up.

BB I check with pretty suited-connector 87 of diamonds. I flop the flush and slow-play the hand but no one has shit so I only pull in a few hundo.

Next hand the SB I look down at KK. I raise it up to $400. Trk calls. He folds to my flop bet.

2735 in chips

Key hand – Wade and trk are at it again. They have Ak and 33 respectively and do the PF allin show. No help and wade goes home.

Key hand – Mookie pushes 98s with his baby stack and hacker calls with KQs. Mook heads to the cash game.

Break time.

2585 in chips. I am in 8th place. 8/21.

Level 5 – 75/150

I limp with KJs. Small flop and I bluff at it. I am subsequently raised allin, to which I fold. Damn that hurt.

1835 in chips.

Blind down a little and am now the short stack at the table.

1685 in chips.

Key hand – JJ vs trk’s AK. He doubles up the other guy.

Key hand – Trk with TT takes down someone with AT and the table dies.

First hand at the new table and I have KK. The table folds the blinds to my push and I stay short.

It is folded around to me in the SB with A8o. I push and Gcox gives up his blind.

1460 in chips. I am at 15/17.

Level 6 – 100/200

SB tries to call but I push on the BB with A5. He calls my short stack with K3. No suckout shit happens and I double through.

2820 in chips

Next hand in the SB I call with Jh3h. Flop brings Qd9h6h . The BB and I both check. Unnamed evildoer, who was last to act bets. I push. BB drops. Poorsap calls, turns over 96 for 2 pr, (I’m not sure he was suited,) and I’m sweet-talking lady Variance to hit one of my 15 outs. (Any heart, 3, or J.) She delivers the Q of hearts. He doesn’t fill-up with one of his 6 total outs and I double-up twice in as many hands.

I go from the back of the pack to being one of the forerunners in 3rd.

6040 in chips. 3/14

I then go on to the Final table in 2nd place.

I blind down

4905 in chips.

Level 7 – 200/400

I at 6600 in chips and in 2nd when I find myself in the SB with A9o. It is folded around to me. I raise it up to 1200. The BB is jjok, who incidentally is in first place with a whopping 22000 or so in chips. He calls. A comes on the flop. I go for the check-raise attempt. He obliges me and bets out. I push and stare in awe when jjok, who is the only person at the table that has me covered, turns over ATo. No help and I go from 2nd to out in 9th.

I can’t believe that the BB woke-up with AT. I told myself I wasn’t going to mix it up with the chipleader, but it just looked to promising to pass up. If I won that hand I would have had over 13000 in chips and likely sailed into the money. I really have no regrets.

The tourney got down to jjok and NewinNow. Jjok had a huge chiplead to start the HU. They fought back and forth for a long time, each taking the lead time and again. One Key hand where they were both about even, jjok bluffed the whole way through a hand with a board of xKJJK. Jjok pushed allin on the river and nw wrote, “damn K,” or something similar, and apparently folded the J’s full boat. New fought back and ultimately came out victorious.

1 comment:

jjok said...

sorry about the bust......but I enjoyed playing with you.....

And congrats on the final table.....